Coronavirus, also referred to as COVID or COVID-19, is a highly infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Over the past few months, the virus has made its way across the world, spreading at an unprecedented rate. As per WHO, the best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face.
Following months of strict lock-downs across the world in an effort to minimize the spread of the virus, things have started to take a turn for the better. With the re-opening of tourism in Pakistan, we understand and further emphasize the importance of not just being aware of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) but also abiding by them responsibly.
For your well-being, we recommend that you:
● Stay at home for at least 14 days if you or any person you’ve been in contact with displays any symptoms of the Coronavirus
● Wear a mask at all times
● Avoid touching your face i.e. nose, eyes, mouth
● Maintain 6 feet social distance in public places
● Avoid face-to-face communication wherever possible
● Sanitize or wash hands at frequent intervals for at least 20 seconds
● Have valid travel insurance (which can be availed through FMA)
And here are a few helpful resources from the World Health Organisation (they know exactly what’s going on) where you can learn more about the virus:
Although you might be traveling again, we repeatedly stress the importance of being safe, and following all these recommendations to avoid any chances of you contracting, or carrying the disease forward. Feel free to reach out to our team on our helpline before, during, and after your trip regarding any concerns you might have.
Happy (and safe) travels!